Pro Tip: Meal prep will save you time, money and help you shed a few pounds if that is your goal. Take 15 minutes every single week to plan out your meals and jot down a grocery list. I don’t make new recipes every week. I keep things simple BUT each week I will make at least 1 new recipe. This week, the new recipe is this family friendly Korean Meatball recipe that I paired with brown rice and broccoli!
Swap the panko crumbs for 1/4 cup of almond or coconut flour to make it gluten free. I also used a store bought korean BBQ sauce to cut a simple corner of having to make the sauce. Dinner time is chaotic and I don’t have time to simmer and chop. I also bought the garlic and ginger already chopped!
- 1 lb lean beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- optional cilantro
- Korean BBQ sauce
- Brown Jasmine Rice
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, garlic, ginger, breadcrumbs, egg, green onion, and tamari sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into small meatballs, about 1-2 inches in diameter.
- Cook meatballs for 15 minutes in the oven at 425F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the meatballs after they were cooked in the oven to the skillet, add BBQ sauce and cook for additional 5-7 minutes, or until browned on all sides and meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve the meatballs with steamed rice and your veggie like steamed broccoli or carrots. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, let me know in the comments below how they came out!