Wondering what to make for your next healthy delicious grill cookout? Try this vegan buffalo cauliflower tofu skewers recipe to make the most flavorful, colorful skewers ever! Start by threading fresh cauliflower, celery, bell peppers, onions, and tofu on metal, bamboo or wooden skewers, then whip up a flavorful easy buffalo sauce to drizzle over your cauliflower tofu skewers. Then get to grilling! Serve each skewer with ranch dressing and fresh dill or parsley (if desired). Yummy!
I love these colorful skewers because they are not only delicious and healthy, these Buffalo Cauliflower Tofu Skewers are like a balanced meal on a stick. Just serve them with a side of potatoes or crispy whole grain bread, and you’re good to go! If you don’t want to grill them, you can also roast these skewers in the oven. Light in sodium and fat, yet rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals, these vegan gluten free skewers deliver on powerful nutrition too. This skewer recipe can also fit into whole foods, plant-based eating because the oil, maple syrup, and salt are optional, making the recipe added sugar, oil, and salt free.
Buffalo Cauliflower Tofu Skewers
(3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
5 from 3 reviews
- Author: The Plant-Powered Dietitian
- Total Time: 33 minutes (not including marinating time)
- Yield: 4 servings
- Diet: Vegan
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Make the best Buffalo Cauliflower Tofu Skewers for a fresh and healthy grill meal. Just whip up a buffalo sauce, then thread cauliflower, celery, peppers, onions and tofu on metal or bamboo skewers and get to grilling!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 2 inches)
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper (yellow or orange), sliced into large chunks (about 2 inches)
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges (about 1 inch)
- 1 (16-ounce) package extra firm tofu, pressed (learn how to press tofu here), sliced into 1 ½-inch chunks
- 8 large skewers (bamboo or metal)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1–4 tablespoons hot sauce (per personal spice preference level)
- ½ cup vegan ranch dressing (make it yourself here)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill or parsley
Cook Mode Prevent your screen from going dark
- Prepare the vegetables and tofu. If you’re using bamboo skewers, soften them in water 20 minutes before using.
- Thread the skewers with the prepared vegetables and tofu, dividing ingredients among 8 skewers and alternating ingredients for variety. Place skewers on a baking sheet.
- Make buffalo sauce by combining oil (optional), vinegar, ketchup, water and maple syrup (optional) in a small bowl. Mix until smooth. Add garlic powder, paprika, and salt (optional) and mix until smooth. Add hot sauce, one tablespoon at a time, tasting to make sure sauce achieves your preference for spice level.
- Using a kitchen brush, brush the skewers with the buffalo sauce, turning them over to brush the other side. Reserve any leftover sauce to brush on during cooking. Allow to marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat. To prevent sticking, you may want to spray with non-stick cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Gently place the skewers on the grill and cook until golden brown on the first side (about 8 minutes, depending on your grill); turn over and grill on the other side until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Vegetables should be cooked until crisp tender and golden brown. Remove from grill and place on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the skewers with 2 tablespoons of the vegan ranch dressing and sprinkle with fresh chopped dill or parsley (optional). Reserve remaining dressing to serve on the side as a dip for the skewers.
- Makes 4 servings (2 skewers per serving).
You can roast these skewers in a hot oven (use metal skewers) by following steps 1-4, then heating oven to 400 F, and roasting skewers on the baking sheet until golden brown (about 30 minutes), turning skewers halfway through cooking process.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower, skewers, wooden skewers, bamboo skewers, tofu skewers
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @sharonpalmerrd on Instagram
For more plant-based grill recipes, check out the following:
Lemon Herb Grilled Artichokes
Grilled Peaches with Basil
Herb Grilled Vegetables
Sesame Grilled Corn on the Cob
Edamame Grain Vegan Burgers
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.