If you’ve ever had freshly made pear sauce, you know how delicious it can be. It’s a great way to use up an abundance of pears from a backyard tree, or to take advantage of these lovely fruit when they are in season. It’s really easy to make 100% natural, sugar-free pear sauce, using these few easy steps I’m sharing on the blog. Bonus: You can follow this same recipe to make apple sauce—just swap out the pears for apples. As a child growing up in the Northwest, I helped my mother make home-made pear and apple sauce each year from our bounty of fruit fresh from the tree. We would can it to enjoy all winter long. This recipe lasts well in the fridge for a week, and it’s also great frozen for a few months. To learn about the health benefits of pears and how to use them in the kitchen, check out my blog here.
Enjoy pear sauce as a natural dessert, with cereal or granola, as an ingredient in recipes, or as an accompaniment to savory dishes.
(2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
5 from 2 reviews
- Author: The Plant-Powered Dietitian
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 ½ cups
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Learn how to make a batch of pear sauce with these simple steps.
- 4 fresh medium pears, peeled, cored, chopped into chunks
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Place chopped pears in a saucepan with lemon juice, cinnamon and water. Stir to distribute ingredients, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using an immersion blender (or transfer pears to a blender), blend cooked pears until you reach desired consistency.
- Cool and serve with additional cinnamon, a sprinkling of granola as desired. This pear sauce is excellent as a sweetener in baked goods, such as pancakes, muffins, and bars.
Use the same recipe for applesauce, using apples instead of pears.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: pear sauce, vegan pear sauce, how to make pear sauce
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @sharonpalmerrd on Instagram
For other recipes featuring pears, check out:
Baked Pear Trail Mix
Ginger Pear Date Oats
Cranberry Pear Steel Cut Oats
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.