Who says you can’t enjoy a savory, creamy gravy while eating a plant-based diet? Yes, you can whip up a vegan mushroom gravy lickety-split using this easy recipe, which features a load of mushrooms, garlic, and plant-based milk. That’s right, just 4 ingredients (not including pantry staples) and you can have this creamy vegan gravy recipe on the table in less than 15 minutes.
This vegan mushroom gravy recipe is perfect served with lentil patties, nut loaves, veggie balls, bread dressings, and mashed potatoes. This is my go-to for potlucks, comfort food meals, and holidays. I make a double batch to make sure everyone has plenty to top their favorite foods. You can easily make this recipe gluten-free by substituting corn starch for the flour. It’s light and healthy, too!
Vegan Mushroom Gravy
(8 votes, average: 4.50 out of 5)
4.5 from 8 reviews
- Author: The Plant-Powered Dietitian
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Diet: Vegan
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Wondering how to make the best ever vegan gravy? Whip up this easy, healthy, savory vegan mushroom gravy in under 15 minutes with just 4 ingredients (not including pantry staples).
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (additional for garnish)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Whip together plant-based milk, flour, salt (optional), black pepper, and soy sauce with a whisk in a small bowl until smooth with no lumps.
- Pour mixture into saucepan and cook for about 8 minutes, until bubbly and thick.
- Stir in chives.
- Serve about 5 tablespoons sauce per portion.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 89 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: vegan gravy, mushroom gravy, vegan gravy recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @sharonpalmerrd on Instagram
Serve this recipe with these plant-based dishes:
Herbed Lentil Patties with Mushroom Sauce
Instant Pot Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Oat Cranberry Pilaf with Pistachios
Cranberry Apple Leek Whole Grain Stuffing
Zucchini Oat Veggie Patties
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.